Briefing from Acting Inspector Neil Jeffs:
“As a result of recent discussions at the North Lambeth Neighbourhoods meeting the following priorities have been set;
- Begging and rough sleeping across Bishops Ward and the associated anti-social behaviour (ASB)
- Gang activity and violent crime across Stockwell and Larkhall Wards
- Vauxhall night time economy and the associated anti-social behaviour (ASB)
Area Issues Group:
My officers have summonsed 5 persistent beggars in the past few weeks and are applying for 2 Criminal Behaviour Orders (CBO). Additional evidence from both the public and the Council patrol team contributes massively to the success of CBO applications before the Courts.
- Two new probationary Police officers have joined the North in the last few weeks
- I am in the process of recruiting for two more Bid Police officers which are being funded with the assistance of the Southbank, I hope to have these Southbank officers in place at the beginning of May
- A council-led operation around Waterloo targeting aggressive begging is due to take place over the next couple of weeks
- DWO’s executed a warrant at an address in conjunction with Housing officers to remove suspected drug dealers who had taken advantage of a vulnerable gentlemen
- A weapons sweep has today recovered four knives and drug paraphernalia thanks to DWO’s utilising specialist home office licensed search officers.