Briefing from Neil Jeffs, Acting Inspector:
“As I’m sure you can all imagine it has been a testing time for the team over the past week. Many of my team attended the tragic events on Wednesday, I am immensely proud of them for their professionalism and compassion during such a tragic event.
We have tried wherever possible to maintain a business as usual approach and therefore please find an update in regards to the work we have carried out within your community in conjunction with our colleagues from Lambeth council.
Area Issues Group
The area issues group is where the Police, Community Safety and Housing come together to tackle issues in partnership.
The Council trading standards team led a Lambeth wide operation targeting anti-social behaviour and licensed premises. During the North Lambeth part of the operation they visited Pedlars Park, St John Church yard and Spring Gardens. Of the three licensed premises they visited two were in breach of their license and enforcement action is being taken. These operations are a regular event and we are planning an upcoming operation targeting shops selling knives. Please email Bernard Conmy email@example.com at trading standards with any premises you believe are not complying with their conditions. Complaints have also been received about aggressive beggars in the Vauxhall area. Community Safety, Police and the Safer Streets Team will be working together to gather evidence so that Criminal Behaviour Orders can be applied for where appropriate.
If residents have any evidence of aggressive beggars please contact Russell Taylor at Community Safety Rtaylor1@lambeth.gov.uk
Some good Police work over the last couple of weeks –
- DWO’s utilised a specialist search team for a weapons sweep leading to the recovery of stolen property and a lock knife.
- Following a proactive investigation a drugs warrant was executed leading to the arrest and conviction of an ecstasy dealer.
- The MPS have a refreshment van aptly named ‘teapot one’. DWO’s utilised this last week which offered some welcome refreshments at a local meeting.
- DWO’s on foot patrol assisted a known burglar in returning to prison when they recognised him as being wanted for recall to prison.
- Following ASB complaints a problem address has been closed thanks to joint work between my officers and housing.
- The team executed two drugs warrants following complaints of drug dealing. A Police sniffer dog assisted with the search leading to the recovery of a revolver, ammunition and cannabis.
The North Cluster priorities until March remain
- Vauxhall night time economy
- Night time economy around the Southbank including Lower Marsh, targeting the recent rise in violent assaults
- Burglary, specifically around the Larkhall area.