[NOTE: This notice is about proposals to introduce a 20 mph speed limit in the whole of the London Borough of Lambeth, except for the Red Routes and certain roads on the boundaries with adjoining Boroughs. Objections may be made – see paragraph 7.]
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Lambeth propose to make the Lambeth 20 m.p.h. speed limit, under section 84(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.2. The general effect of the Order would be to introduce a 20 mph speed limit on all the roads and parts of roads in the London Borough of Lambeth which are not currently restricted as such by way of existing Traffic Orders, subject to the exceptions below. This would have the effect of making all the roads within the London Borough of Lambeth subject to 20 mph controls for motor vehicles, except (a) those roads or parts of roads that are part of the Transport for London Road Network (TLRN), known as Red Routes; (b) the borough boundary roads with the City of Westminster and the London Boroughs of Croydon, Merton and Wandsworth (with the exception of Portslade Road); and (c) that length of Mitcham Lane in Lambeth which lies between the TLRN (Red Route) and the boundary with the London Borough of Wandsworth.
3. The 20 mph speed limit would not apply to any vehicle being used: (a) by Special Forces whilst responding or making preparations to respond, to a national security emergency; or (b) for emergency service purposes if staying within the speed limit will compromise emergency response times.
4. The proposed Order is required to reduce traffic speeds, improve road safety for all road users and enhance the general environment.
5. If you have any enquiries or require any additional information please contact the Council’s Highways and Transport Group at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. A copy of the der and other documents giving detailed particulars about it (including a map) are available for inspection between 9.30 am and 4.30 pm on Mondays to Fridays inclusive (except on bank/public holidays), until the last day of a period of six weeks beginning with the date on which the Order is made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Order, at: the offices of Lambeth Council’s Highways and Transport Group, 5th Floor, Blue Star House, 234-244 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9SP. To arrange an inspection of the documents please telephone 020 7926 0209.
7. All objections and other representations relating to the proposed Order must be made in writing and all objections must specify the grounds on which they are made and should be sent to Barbara Poulter, Highways and Transport Group, London Borough of Lambeth, 5th Floor, Blue Star House, 234-244 Stockwell Road, London SW9 9SP, by 4th December 2015. Any objection may be communicated to, or be seen by, other persons who may have an interest in this matter.