“A six-week consultation on the draft masterplan for the Oval and Kennington Development Area (OAKDA) is now open and we’d like your feedback.
The Oval gas holders (near the Kia Oval cricket ground) are no longer in use so Berkeley Homes, working with Lambeth Council, are looking at how this land could be developed, along with other opportunities in the surrounding area.
What is special about this area?
The area covers the Oval gasworks and 16 surrounding parcels of land. It’s mainly what is known as a Key Industry Business Area – or KIBA – and should only be used for business and industrial purposes.
However, the consultation will explore whether people think new homes, as well as employment and other opportunities, should also be built on this site, which would mean Lambeth Council revising its Local Plan.
If community feedback and the resulting council assessment support these changes, the Oval and Kennington Development area could become the biggest single redevelopment in Lambeth. Future planning applications could bring over 1400 new jobs, 1250 new homes and a large area of improved public open space.
What’s happened so far?
We started discussions with the local community in January 2015 to understand your vision and aspirations for the area. After a series of workshops, 1:1 meetings and feedback sessions, we have a first draft of the masterplan for your review.
You can see the proposals www.oakda.co.uk and at a number of local venues during the six week consultation period, which runs until 16 December.
How to have your say
There are a number of ways to view the proposals and have your say.
Online at www.oakda.co.uk
Visit Durning Library, 167 Kennington Lane, SE11 4HF. A display and all consultation material is available during normal opening hours.
Alternatively why not come and talk to us and ask any questions you might have:
- Drop-in sessions: visit us at Durning Library on Monday’s 4 to 6pm and Wednesday’s 1 to 3pm throughout the consultation period.
- Presentation evenings: come along to Kia Oval, Kennington, SE11 5SS (enter via the Alec Stuart Gate) at 6.30 to 8.30pm on:
- Monday 9 November
- Wednesday 18 November
- Tuesday 1 December
- Call : 020 8786 6130 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
Tell us what you think of the proposals. Your opinions are important and will help shape long term changes in the area.
- Comment online oakda.co.uk
- Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us FREEPOST RTCC-HTSG-EUKK, 2a High Street, Thames Ditton, KT7 0RY
- Complete a feedback form available at Durning Library and at each presentation evening.
- Complete an online survey this will be available from 12 November.
For more information about OAKDA and the masterplan process visit www.oakda.co.uk
Andrea Stewart – Love Vaux team