Roots and Shoots are seeking to recruit, on behalf of Lambeth Council and the Friends of Kennington Park, an Experienced Gardener to organise and train volunteers in gardening tasks to support the maintenance of the Flower Garden at Kennington Park.
The contract for this part time post would be for 24 days over a 12 month period from September 2015 and be based at Kennington Park, London SE11 4AS. The pay will be £140 (for an 8 hour day or equivalent) and may include regular weekend sessions as required.
- Recognised qualification, plus proven experience in Horticulture – to a high standard.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with, and motivate volunteers from all walks of life and backgrounds.
- Ability to plan schedule of horticultural training sessions to match the maintenance manual for the garden.
- Ability to keep records and communicate by email to volunteers and others.
- To work collaboratively with Kennington Park staff.
- To have a comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety issues to ensure compliance.
To apply please send a cv to email@example.com closing date 29th July interviews in early August.